Small actions that bring big results
“Minimum effort – maximum satisfaction” One of my favourite quotes from celebrity chef Gino d’Acampo
Futurist Nikki Greenberg has a similar philosophy, she says: “Low effort – high reward”
They are saying the same thing really. It got me thinking about how we can get the most out of what we do, whether we are cooking a meal or building a business.
I thought it would be quite useful to share some examples of actions that require minimum effort but that yield big results, please let me know what else we can add to this list:
- Sharing value on LinkedIn results in new connections, engagement, conversations, new business.
- Picking up the phone and talking to a prospect rather than emailing creates greater rapport, better understanding of the requirement, higher rates of conversion.
- Writing your own intro script for an event means you are set up for success, the audience is in the right frame of mind, it will be easier for you to deliver a great speech.
- A dedicated page for clients, meeting planners and bureaus to go to on your website once you’re booked with everything they need (photos, bio, intro, tech requirements etc) means that your information is always up to date. You only have one place to update and to send people to, everything is always consistent.
- Arranging your travel and including travel costs in your fee results in not having to chase/negotiate reimbursement after the event, gives you control of your travel booking, makes it much easier for the bureau or meeting planner.
Thank you Gino and Nikki for inspiring me today. I hope this inspires you too.
View Previous Newsletters